Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16, 2010 - Stable

just wanted to provide a quick update so folks don't worry more than necessary. things are still rough going, but kristen's spirit is as strong as ever. eating and sleeping continue to improve and she is increasingly at ease. to me she seems decidedly "on the mend." systemic issues are getting better and the acute issue of the leg is not devolving dramatically. we will know more after dr. mehta's debridement tomorrow. i will try to give a more thorough report then.

your love and attention have given kristen wings. she was especially moved by the generosity of her friends at the ap. after reading all your posts and emails last night we made our way to the o.r. and she said to me, "i am so lucky." i am humbled to hold her hand down this road.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,
    I worked with Kristen at AP Digital. I'm not even sure if she would remember me. My wishes are certainly with you and Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and Kristen, my love and prayers continue, may the light of all bring healing and well-being to you both. I think about you constantly and send my hope, my spirit and love to you. Kristen you are amazing! Stay strong. Love, mom Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen!

    I took the liberty of filling out a set of NCAA brackets for you. (Actually, I just used the "Popular Picks" autofill button.) So you are rooting for a Kansas-Kentucky final, with Kansas winning 73-70. Unfortunately, Arizona is not the tournament this year, but New Mexico has a #3 seed -- close enough, right? You picked them to go a couple of rounds. :-)

    The winner gets 75 percent of the total pool; second place gets 25 percent. Don't worry, my fee is only 5 percent.

    Thinking of you, and hoping this cheers you up!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, I know how glad you will be to see Tara. Stay strong and remember you are well loved by all. LOVE Aunt Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,

    That photo of you with Clara just made my day. You both are just radiant in it!

    I think about you all the time, and in the few seconds I'm not thinking about you, I'm pulled back to Kristen-land by the awesomely cute pink and orange blanket you sent to Hannah when she was born. It was one of my favorites to wrap her in when she was a wee one, and then it became her favorite to play peek-a-boo with. And now it's her favorite to wrap the baby she calls "Dolly" in .. both Dolly and Hannah have great taste, just like you do.

    I continue to pray for you and send all sorts of healing and loving thoughts East Coast-way. You are so strong and full of spirit -- I hate, hate, hate that you and Ben and the girls are having to through this, but I *know* that you will get through it -- together.

    Much love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is St. Patrick's Day...may the luck of the Irish be with you.
    We are continuing our prayers every day and sending you love, light and hope. You are in our thoughts.
    Much love, Suzie & Thom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen!
    The pic of you and Clara is so amazing. You are an inspiration. It is so hard to see you guys go through all of this. Keep thinking that you have your ENTIRE family behind you to support you and that you have all the prayers that HUNDREDS of people are sending you. Good work fighting this fight, Mama.
    We love you and I can't wait to see you and *hopefully* give you a big, squishy hug.
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you,
    Lynne and the family (LSSSL)
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete