* no voicemail - if she's not up to taking a call or if a nurse is in the room or her battery dies she won't pick up. there's no easy way for her to catch up on voicemail so please just try again after a while or send me an email i can forward along;
* try to be brief - be mindful that kristen is easily fatigued;
* no doc talk - she's not too keen on talking about bacteria and open wounds for the most part.
but please don't be shy about calling. hearing your voices will bring her closer to where she needs to be. thanks.
646 408 7845
she is at HUP room 660 (Dulles building)
and here's a pic from the weekend
Kristin, I was thinking about you today and just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. Stay strong and know there is a whole world of people rooting for your speedy recovery.
ReplyDelete-Coralie
Dear Kristen and Ben, what a beautiful picture of you and Mae! And, like the last one, brought tears to my eyes, for the love you have. The girls are so precious, and you both are too! It was good to hear you voice Kristen and I continue to send my love, energy and prayers for continued strong healing. Bless you dear Kristen and Ben. You have come through sooooo much, and will find the strength to get through the rest. Love, mom Caryl
ReplyDeleteKristen
ReplyDeleteWanted to let you know we have been thinking of you daily. Wish we could all do our part to share some of the pain for you but guess things don't work that way. I stupidly just left you a message on voicemail (after neglecting to listen to Amanda). Your presence is missed in more ways than one. - Larry
It was wonderful to talk to you today! It gave my morning a real boost!!! Thanks for letting me complain about my recent hospitalization and my loud, complaining "roommate." Some day I will tell you about how I had to go back to the hospital two days later (bad reax to painkiller) and my 14 hours in the emergency room on Halloween night. I pray that you will soon be in your own bed, resting and recovering.
ReplyDeleteDear Kristen and Ben, a couple more people from work told me they are praying for your quick healing and recovery. More to add to the many already sending love and prayers your way giving you strength. I just wanted to share that with you. Of course my love and energy continue for you both as well. Love, mom Caryl
ReplyDeleteHear 'bout this guy? Half a world away, the bloke's been sharing an extended stay in (the) hospital with you, quarantined with resistant tuberculosis going on two months.
ReplyDeleteStill, he's used the downtime to hone his video production and musical composition skills...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGLHluDoe0
Hmm, upon reflection, definitely hope to see you back again before too long! (But, take your time!)
Oh, and for an escape from hospital food, I'd recommend the "little" Lee Ahn food truck, northwest corner of 36th and Spruce -- my standard order is house special chicken with lo mien. :-)
Kristen - just heard from Anna J and wanted to let you know that we are all thinking of you here in Seattle! Cadence (now 4) told me that I had to blow you a big enough kiss to help, so XOXOXOXO!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kari & Kyle
Cadence, Kellen and Camden