kristen laughed a lot today. she laughed at a hospitalized rapper on youtube. she laughed at garth from wayne's world. she laughed with nurses and with me. she laughed on the phone and with her good friend erin.
she also cried. she wept openly and strong. she cried when she heard "here comes the sun." she cried each time she heard a new voice on the phone. she cried when she saw me. she cried when she needed water and felt selfish asking, once again, for water.
for the first time since this all began, she feels the weight of hope. it is almost too much to bear; almost too much to dare to believe this will soon be a bad memory. but she is beginning to let herself believe. she lets herself laugh and she has the strength to let herself cry.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you guys and I know how hard it has been to feel like things would be turning around, but it's time. I miss you both and the girls very much. Please continue to feel the loving arms that help carry you through and laugh as much as possible...Love you!!! Jen
ReplyDeleteHope, something we all carry for you, pray for you and know it is time. I'm relieved to hear about the laughter, and the tears. Both are important for healing. I keep sending you both love, energy, and time to heal. I am anxious to see you both. Love, mom Caryl
ReplyDeleteHi Kristen - This may be the second comment you get as I am somewhat challenged with this computer!! Anyway, I have you and your family in my prayers that this will soon be a distant memory! I talk with your mom and get updated as well..
ReplyDeleteLove
Ann
Hi Kristen --
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you can laugh and cry because then you can cheer yourself up after hearing this bad news: I don't think you're going to win the office NCAA pool. (Those Kansas Jayhawks blew it in the second round!)
Anyway, just a note to say I'm so glad to hear you are truly on the mend -- mentally and physically -- and that we are looking forward to seeing you!
Take care,
Kathy
Oh Lord, funny is what you need. Laughing is great. Check out Will Ferrell's Funny or Die website.
ReplyDeleteEva loved her playdate with in Mae today. Ben is hanging in there and Lynn is too.
Love and hugs,
Anne
Hi Kristen - I've missed you in the mornings. Sending you lots of love from the West Desk. Next time you're in town, we'll have a party (it won't be in the office, I promise).
ReplyDeleteKristen and Ben
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for you and your family. Huge
buckets of positive thoughts are coming at you from the west. I know about hope, and also faith. Those are the things that we hang on to the hardest. We are so very glad to hear that things are starting to turn for you.
Continue to laugh and smile --- it becomes you.
Life's greatest gifts - Laughter and music!!!
Dottie and Paul Caputo