kristen was alert and aggressive this morning. i snuck in at 8 (cheating the 10am visiting hours) and was welcomed by the nurses. she was physically active in the bed and moved her bowels - both good signs. she is nervous about the surgery which has been moved up to mid-day. she also asked a lot of questions, a few of which had been asked and answered before. it's really too bad the pain meds have such an effect on her memory and alertness. hydromorphone (dilaudid) is the stuff they've kept her on and it's wicked.
i forced myself to go to work today and i am glad i did. part of the reason was to handle her employee disability claim and get some other business done. work colleagues have a way of being concerned without being emotional and anyway the girls are at school and i was happy for a taste of normalcy. but after a few hours i got word of the transfusion and i wanted to be back. so here i am hoping for the best and preparing for something less.
i forced myself to go to work today and i am glad i did. part of the reason was to handle her employee disability claim and get some other business done. work colleagues have a way of being concerned without being emotional and anyway the girls are at school and i was happy for a taste of normalcy. but after a few hours i got word of the transfusion and i wanted to be back. so here i am hoping for the best and preparing for something less.
i am staring at A+, but it feels like D-
Hang in there Ben.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great and sounds like she is too.
I say you stick with the A+ because if this was a class in support and being life partners, in sickness and in health...that is surely what you deserve for a grade.
Keep up the great work. We love you. xoxo Lynne
Ben,
ReplyDeleteOh, my Lord. I had no idea. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I've frequently told Kristen that I would love to baby-sit the girls, and that holds especially true now. Give me a call anytime - (217) 725-9377. I'm just a short walk away!
All of us at the AP are thinking and praying for Kristen!
Ashley Thomas
Hang in there Ben....see you tomorrow. Kristen is in good hands and know that all the prayers being sent her way are in the process of healing her. Don't forget prayers are going to you too. Love you a lot. Linda and Ron
ReplyDeleteHi Kristen, it's Suzanne from Multimedia. I miss seeing you & chatting with you. I used to love your stories about your girls and what they were watching on tv. I'll be praying for a fast and complete recovery for you. Thanks Ben for all the updates.
ReplyDeleteI'm SO sorry to learn that Kristen is having to go through this nightmare. What a shock.
ReplyDeleteShe is such a fabulous person -- and, no doubt about it, quite a tremendous fighter and conquerer as well. We here in the AP care a great deal about her, and I've heard so many wonderful things about the whole family.
Please let us know if there's anything we can do. And be sure to let us know when it would be OK to visit.
All the very best,
Paula Froke
Ben,
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine what you've all been through the past week. Thank you so much for letting us know what's going on and keeping us posted; you are doing an amazing job as a source of support for Kristen. Please tell her that I love her and I'm praying for her, and I'm blown away by her strength.
As a source of support for you, please know that I am available for anything - I am working from home and my schedule is extremely flexible. I literally can come down there on a moment's notice - to give you a break at the hospital, or give your dad or Kristen's parents an extra hand with the girls, the house, whatever you need.
Just let me know - I'm at erinhanafy@yahoo.com or 917-226-2829.
Best,
Erin